onsdag, september 21, 2005

Corny Korn

"Nu-metal" godfathers & innovators Korn visited Oslo Spektrum last week. This was their first ever gig in Oslo (correct me if I'm wrong!) and therefore I had to go as I was a fan of the band 6-10 years ago. Frankly, I was a bit disappointed by the band. Sure they were very professional (that's a good thing), but they seemed bored and were not very energic live.

This must have infected the lucky chosen fans in a cage on stage, because they also seemed surprinsingly bored. Imagine you're a teenager and put in a cage on stage with your favorite band... would you at least go ballistic apeshit for 80 minutes ? Not the Korn fans... Quite a few of the luck ones actually stood still and watched the band instead. Weird.

However, I was struck by the fact that the band seemed to lack good songs. The shit hit the fan as a part of Metallica's "One" was integrated in the song "Shoots And Ladders". Honestly, Korn's version of a part of "One" was the highlight of the show for me. And I do like Korn...

Also, a cover version of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" made quite an impression on the 4.000 something crowd. Of course, so did some of their classic songs like "Blind", but all in all this was quite boring and I'm glad the gig only lasted for 80 minutes.

To quote Danny Glover: "I'm to old for this shit".