onsdag, august 10, 2005

Celtic Frost steps out of the dark

Celtic Frost frontman Tom Gabriel Fischer posted the following message on his official blog on the 9th of August:

"The experience of darkness within my mind, incited by the events sustained while others smile. The cycles around me, the events, my obscurantist. How consummate these depths can be. Mine.

The day we step outside after 13 years. The album we have waited to make for a lifetime. The strongest we have ever been. Ever! While I wish nothing so much than to walk out of this place, this life, this existence, to never return. Once again, so little can incite so much within; so pathetically trite, though to me so abysmal. And my strength is the most uncontrolled of all.

I haven't been able to sleep in what seems like forever. It told them today, as a joke, that I can see the future.

It will probably perservere."

The first Celtic Frost album in 13 years, entitled "Dark Matter Manifest" is scheduled for release early 2006.

I can't wait to hear what the heck the Frost's are up to, their (and Hellhammer's) influence on Norwegian black metal can not be overrated.

Link